“If we have data, let’s go with that. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine.”
– Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Diversity is an important and urgent issue for our times, and we’re glad to see it getting the attention it deserves. Company leaders should strive to set realistic, achievable goals that motivate their teams. We believe data can help you and your team think more strategically about how to approach diversity hiring and see success. When you’re using data, you are taking out the guesswork and using straight facts that will help you create and execute an effective strategy. Then you can create real world recruiting scenarios that truly move the needle on diversity and inclusion.
SeekOut’s new Data-Driven Diversity Certification aims to help address some of the challenges found in diversity recruiting, and help practitioners get the right data and make real change. Developed by SeekOut subject-matter experts, this certification prepares talent acquisition professionals with competence in assessing, sourcing, recruiting, and retaining diverse talent.
Franny Oxford, VP of Organizational Development and Culture at BlueSprig shares, “I did this diversity recruiting course and it was great! Thorough, thoughtful, and full of actionable next steps.”
Here’s what you need to know about the certification:
Who is this certification course for?
SeekOut’s Data-driven Diversity Recruiting Certification is for anyone who wants to learn how to level up their D&I discipline with data, including:
- HR professionals
- Talent Acquisition professionals
Whether you’re new to diversity recruiting, or a seasoned professional, you will learn how to level up your strategy with data.
What will this certification course cover?
In this certification course, Jackye Clayton, Diversity Equity and Inclusion Strategist at SeekOut, will share how you can get started with data-driven diversity recruiting. It goes beyond theory, to include actionable steps to find and engage diverse talent, and get better results.
There are five chapters, each focusing on a different aspect of data-driven diversity recruiting:
- Grounding the Data Driven Diversity Conversation explains why diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are top priorities at many organizations, and why data has a place in DEI.
- Data is Your Diversity Recruiting Ally discusses why data is important and how you can use it effectively in your diversity recruiting strategy.
- Leveraging Data to Inform Diversity Targets explores how to use data to understand the talent landscape and set realistic goals.
- Diversity and Job Descriptions shares how to rethink your job description and search parameters to build a more qualified, diverse talent pool.
- Candidate Outreach Best Practices reviews things you can do to get higher candidate response rates, so you can engage and hire more candidates from underrepresented groups.
You will also learn how you can use SeekOut to build a stronger diversity, equity, and inclusion practice. You will be granted a free, 3-day trial to go into SeekOut and try things for yourself.
At the end of the course, you should be able to implement diversity recruitment best practices that help you identify the best talent, become a strategic advisor to your hiring managers, and achieve your diversity targets.
How long will it take to complete this certification course?
This certification course will take about an hour to complete. Each chapter has:
- 2-3 short videos, which range between 1 and 6 minutes long.
- A short quiz and brief assignment to certify your expertise.
You may complete the entire course at once, do each section on-demand as your schedule allows, or even watch one short video at a time. It’s up to you!
How much does this certification course cost?
There is no cost to attend this course or earn the certification. We want to help more practitioners learn how to supercharge their diversity recruiting efforts with data, so they can build stronger, more diverse teams.
How can I apply my learnings from this certification course?
As part of the data-driven diversity certification program, we’re offering a free, 3-day trial of SeekOut. You can use SeekOut to:
- See what your company diversity looks like today.
- Understand how many diverse candidates have left your company recently.
- Explore how many diverse candidates are available for your open roles.
- Research which cities or schools to focus your recruiting efforts on.
SeekOut can help you find the right data, make sure diversity recurring goals match reality, and become a talent advisor to your organization.
How do I sign up for the certification course?
If you’re ready to implement a more effective diversity recruiting strategy by utilizing data, head over to SeekOut University and sign up to become a certified diversity expert. Enrollment is free and you will be granted instant access to the course.
Following the course, you will be emailed your data-driven diversity recruiting certificate and LinkedIn profile badge to demonstrate your mastery of this important topic.
Become a SeekOut certified data-driven diversity expert today.